Latin name: Chlorella pyrenoidosa
Health Benefits of Chlorella Powder
Chlorella is a natural detoxifier. The healing and cleansing properties of this natural algae help prolong life and add vitality to living. The high magnesium content of Chlorella is the prime component which works on the body in so many incredible ways as listed below. Due to the standard American diet, as well as soil depletion, there is great concern whether we are getting enough magnesium. Every cell in our bodies requires this mineral in abundant amounts. Our toxic environment, as well as stress, also tends to deplete our bodies of magnesium. Chlorella gives you magnesium, carotenoids, chlorophyll, and more. The health benefits of Chlorella include:
- Fights off free radicals.
- Can inhibit cancer in all human organs. Studies have shown powerful anti-cancer activity in animals. The National Cancer Institute has also begun to take notice of its ability to prevent cancer.
- Great for heavy metal detoxification, such as cadmium, uranium, and aluminum. It binds to these metals and helps remove them from your body.
- A better source of carotenoids than synthetic beta carotene. Carotenoids help prevent heart disease.
- Helps heart function, immune function, blood pressure regulation, blood sugar balance, and stroke prevention due to the high magnesium content.
- High magnesium content also aids in muscle strength and muscle relaxation, promotes mental health, relieves PMS, and reduces asthma attacks.
- Has been shown in studies to lower cholesterol, without the side effects of medication.
- Animal studies have shown Chlorella to heal ulcers. It is also beneficial to other GI issues such as Crohn's Disease, colitis, and diverticulosis.
- Used to help curb appetite for weight loss, due to the protein content.
- Increases stamina and energy.
- Stimulates the growth of beneficial bacteria, which helps intestinal health.
Nutritional Benefits of Chlorella
- Contains carotenoids, magnesium, fiber, essential fats, chlorophyll, protein, iron, and vitamins.
How to Use Chlorella
- Use in a green drink with fruit (like a smoothie) or encapsulated as tablets. You can also add it to juice.
- Larger doses would be beneficial for detoxification purposes for degenerative conditions, and smaller amounts for daily prevention and health.
Cautions and Side Effects of Chlorella
- It is best to work your way up. Start with small amounts. If you begin having stomach cramps or diarrhea then discontinue or lower amount used.