Health Benefits of Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha often referred to as the "Indian Ginseng" as it is often used in the same manner as Ginseng. is a great all around body builder that has been used for centuries in traditional Ayurvedic medicinal practices. Used mainly as a calming herb, Ashwagandha not only has a wonderfully interesting name, but more health benefits include:
- Great relief for stress and anxiety. It helps to calm nerves and has a great soothing effect on the body. It increases the body's overall ability to adapt to and resist stress.
- Works wonderfully to help clarity of the mind and memory. This helps facilitate learning.
- Energizing and soothing.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties that help in the treatment of arthritis and rheumatism.
- Because of its stress relieving properties, it can be a good treatment for hypertension.
- Is good for sexual health as it is a known aphrodisiac.
- Classic reproductive tonic.
- Enhances stamina, which makes this herb popular with athletes.
- Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is sometimes a good treatment for urinary tract infections.
- Can be used to help stimulate memory in those suffering from different forms of dementia.
- Is currently being tested as an anti-cancer drug because of its effectiveness in test animals to kill tumors cell by cell.
How to Use Ashwagandha
- Can be used in tinctures, teas, or in encapsulated form.
- Mix with other more flavorful herbs such as Sarsaparilla Root, Ginger Root Powder, and Cinnamon Powder to make a suitable tea.
- Mix with milk for a classic Indian rejuvenating drink.
- Try blending it with Chai tea.
Cautions and Side Effects of Ashwagandha
- People who suffer from thyroid or liver ailments should not take this herb.
- Do not use if pregnant or if you are nursing.
- Do not use with other sedatives.
Ashwagandha Root Powder
Posted by Jeremy on 4th Jan 2018
i use Ashwagandha Root Powder mainly for natural testosterone support but also to lower diastolic hr. it has many health benefits and takes about 3 months to reach full effect. it will remain as one of my favorite supplements.
Used in capsule
Posted by Steve on 16th Oct 2017
I use this as a daily supplement. I make my own capsules. If you plan on making your own capsules , please remember this is a very fine power. You can make a mess pouring it. The color is a little different but never had a problem with this herb.