Barley Grass Powder
Latin name: Hordeum vulgare
Health Benefits of Barley Grass Powder
Barley Grass is a true superfood that is widely known for its high nutrient content. It has such a concentration of nutritional value that it is said to be a whole food that has all the nutrients that a human needs from birth to death. It digests very easily so the human body is able to use these nutrients within a matter of minutes. Health benefits include:
- It contains high levels of chlorophyll that help to neutralize toxins in the body and aid in liver purification. It can also help to rebuild blood as its structure is similar to hemoglobin. Chlorophyll in the plant is anti-bacterial, and is great when used internally or externally for healing. Chlorophyll can also help to minimize body and breath odor.
- Has a high alkalizing effect, which means it helps to reduce acidity in the body and create a pH above 7.
- Helps to reduce the amount of free radicals in the body.
- It helps to improve skin.
- It helps to stimulate weight loss.
- Great source of dietary fiber which can help with colon regularity and health.
Nutritional Benefits of Barley Grass Powder
- Contains 18 essential and non-essential amino acids, which are the building blocks of proteins. Because barley green’s proteins are polypeptides, or smaller proteins, they can be directly absorbed by the blood.
- Contains high amounts of antioxidants, which help to reduce the amount of free radicals in the body.
- Has many important enzymes that aid in digestion.
- Contains high amounts of folic acid, panthothenic acid, B1, B2, B6, B12, beta carotene, vitamin C and E, and traces of more than 70 other minerals which include calcium, iron, magnesium, and phosphorous.
How to Use Barley Grass Powder
- Use in capsules or add directly to juices or smoothies.
Cautions and Side Effects of Barley Grass Powder
- Safe for pregnant and nursing women.
- Safe for children
- No known side effects or drug interactions.