Beet Root Powder
Latin name: Beta vulgaris rubra
Health Benefits of Beet Root Powder
Beet Roots are considered a superfood. Very high in nutrition, they are also loaded with antioxidants, anticarcinogens, and have a very high carotenoid content. Beet Root is also one of the best herbs for liver health. Health benefits include:
- Reduces high blood cholesterol while raising HDL(good) cholesterol in the body. Helps to lower blood pressure because of nitrate content and helps to prevent cardiovascular disease by lowering plasma homocysteine.
- Traditionally used to treat leukemia.
- Stimulates the function of liver cells and protects the liver and bile ducts.
- Used to aid in liver function and also has detoxification properties which are important to the intestines and blood as well.
- Helps to cleanse the kidneys and gallbladder. In addition, it is helpful in the treatment of digestive disorders and problems like jaundice and nausea and vomiting due to dysentery or diarrhea.
- Helps normalize blood pressure.
- The antioxidant activity makes it very beneficial to the skin, and also helps to regulate free radicals in the body. This also helps prevent cancer, especially colon cancer.
- Contains a high level of folate making it a valuable food during pregnancy to avoid birth defects.
- Has a high level of magnesium, making it a good vegetable for women concerned with preventing osteoporosis since calcium cannot be utilized effectively without appropriate levels of magnesium.
- Its most significant phytochemical is betaine, which helps the liver process fat.
Nutritional Benefits of Beet Root Powder
- Contains Vitamin A and beta carotene.
- Contains a wide range of B vitamins including B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and B9.
- Contains Vitamin C, thiamine, protein, riboflavin, niacin, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, and zinc.
- Contains healthy fats and carbohydrates.
How to Use Beet Root Powder
- Add one or two teaspoons to water or juice, 2-4 times daily. One teaspoon of powder provides the nutritional content of one beet.
- Can also be encapsulated.
Cautions and Side Effects of Beet Root Powder
- Safe during pregnancy and nursing, and is safe for children.
- Should be avoided by people with kidney stones due to high levels of oxalate.
- Should use caution if diabetic because of natural sugars in the root.
Fun Facts About Beet Root Powder
- Beet roots can be used to make wine.
- Consumption of beets can cause some people to have pink urine.
Posted by Gayle on 27th Mar 2014
bought the beet root powder to make blush and it works perfectly! love the color ad love the fact that not only can I make my cosmetics out of it but it is also beneficial to my health, have not tried it in drinks or smoothies yet but getting ready to shortly. thanks for a great product! will order again!