White Pine Bark
Latin name: Pinus strobus
Health Benefits of White Pine Bark
White Pine Bark is often used in commercial cough syrups. Health benefits include:
- Used to treat coughs and sore throats.
- It is often used in commercial cough syrups.
- The resinous substance found on the inner bark contains healing oils and tannins, which act as astringents for wounds, burns, and skin problems.
Nutritional Benefits of White Pine Bark
- Both the needles and inner bark contain Vitamin C.
How to Use White Pine Bark
- Use as a tincture, syrup, or tea.
- You can use externally as a poultice on the chest for congestion.
Cautions and Side Effects of White Pine Bark
- Safe for children, as well as those who are pregnant or nursing.
It soothes my digestion!
Posted by JR on 28th Mar 2014
I love the taste of this ... and I love the service of Saavy! I order the tea, and poof ... I get it without any delays!
Tea for joint pain
Posted by Steve on 15th Jan 2014
I make pine bark tea with MSM. This is for joint pain. The tea works well. I grind the pine bark for my use.