Dandelion Root ROASTED
Latin name: Taraxacum officinale
Health Benefits of Dandelion Root
Dandelion is used as a food and also for medicinal purposes. It is one of the great tonics of all time. It is particularly helpful for the liver and is exceptionally nutritious. Health benefits include:
- Contains bitter compounds that enhance the efficiency of the body’s eliminative and detoxifying functions. These compounds help restore normal liver and gallbladder function, increases the production of bile, and has a laxative effect.
- As a diuretic, it tones the kidneys and aids in proper water elimination while maintaining appropriate potassium levels.
- It is one of the best blood purifiers and builders available, which makes it great in treating anemia and low blood pressure.
- Enriches breast milk in nursing mothers, benefiting both mother and child.
- Helps to reduce harmful cholesterol levels in the body.
Nutritional Benefits of Dandelion
- Contains high amounts of Vitamins A, D, C, and B complex.
- Also has high amounts of calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and iron.
How to Use Dandelion
- Can be used in teas and tinctures, as well as powdered and encapsulated.
- It is great to add to foods like soups or stews without compromising flavor, and is also a great salad green.
- This roasted root is often brewed as a coffee substitute
Cautions and Side Effects of Dandelion
- Do not use when taking lithium or other bi-polar medications.
- Can interfere with absorption of antibiotics. Because it is a powerful diuretic it can also cause antibiotics to be released from the body too soon, hence, voiding their effectiveness.
- Use caution if you have a problem with your endocrine system as it increases urination.
- Safe during pregnancy, while nursing, and for children.