Latin name: Spinacia oleracea
Health Benefits of Spinach Powder
Spinach powder is compromised of the ground up, above ground parts of the plant including the leaves, stems, and seeds. It is loaded with nutrients and is a great way to receive the health benefits of spinach in concentrated form. Health benefits include:
- It is an excellent multi-vitamin/multi-mineral.
- Treats cataracts.
- Helps battle hypoglycemia and jaundice.
- Strengthens your immune system.
- Lessens your probability to develop heart disease, cancer, diabetes, mellitus, and stroke.
- Enhances your memory and increases efficient brain functioning. It also reduces age-related cerebral degeneration.
- Reduces your risk for osteoporosis and bone degeneration.
- Improves circulation.
- Use as a laxative to detoxify and cleanse the colon.
- Reduces inflammation of the liver and of the lungs.
- Relieves asthma and arthritis.
Nutritional Benefits of Spinach Powder
- Contains high amounts of iron, fiber, sodium, folic acid, protein, potassium, manganese, calcium, and beta-carotene.
- Also contains phosphorus, chlorophyll, lutein, phytochemicals, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, carotenoids, and lipoic acid.
- Great source of antioxidants.
- Contains Vitamin A, C, and K.
How to Use Spinach Powder
- Can be used in a variety of ways including in smoothies, soups, stir-fries, casseroles, and even taken in capsules.