Latin name: Coriandrum sativum
Health Benefits of Cilantro
While Cilantro is often used for culinary purposes, this herb has surprising health benefits which include:
- Rids the body of excessive metals.
- Lowers anxiety and improves sleep.
- Protects the body against oxidative stress.
- Lowers blood sugar and protects against cardiovascular disease.
- May protect against colon cancer.
- Helps with digestion.
- Helps prevent urinary tract infections.
- Protects against food poisoning.
- Good source of dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, E, K, calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium.
How to Use Cilantro
- Use in various culinary dishes.
- Can be used in tea and tinctures.
Cautions and Side Effects of Cilantro
- There are not many downsides, although some do not like the taste of cilantro, and food allergies can occur at any time.