Latin name: Artemisia vulgaris
Health Benefits of Mugwort
Mugwort is a very versatile herb. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory affects, as well as properties which help with anxiety, stress and depression. Health benefits include:
- Promotes healthy digestion by relieving stomach acidity. Also helps with travel sickness.
- Alleviates bloating and gas.
- Antibacterial, antispasmotic, and anti-inflammatory.
- Soothes anxiety and stress.
- Relieves exhaustion, nervousness, and mild depression.
- Helps with insomnia and tension. As a mild narcotic and sedative, it helps produce lucid dreams!
- Helps calm hysteria and epileptic attacks.
- Used to relieve various PMS symptoms. Also helps maintain health of the uterus.
- As a diuretic, it encourages urination.
- Kills parasites in the body, including tapeworm.
How to Use Mugwort
- Traditionally taken as a prepared tea.
- Great in tea or tincture combinations.
Cautions and Side Effects of Mugwort
- Do not use while pregnancy or nursing. May promote miscarriage!
- High doses can be toxic.