Latin name: Echinacea purpurea
Health Benefits of Echinacea Purpurea
Echinacea Purpurea is used as a preventative as well as a curative. It is commonly used for the common cold and the flu. Health benefits include:
- Is often used as a preventative as well as a treatment for colds, flu, and other upper respiratory infections.
- Increases T-cell activity, which boosts the immune system to prevent illness.
- It is an effective blood purifier, which makes it a good treatment for blood poisoning, and poisonous spider and snake bites.
- Good cleanser for glands and the lymphatic system.
- One of the best herbs for helping enlargement and weakness of the prostate gland.
- Great infection fighter and natural antibiotic.
- Thought to be helpful to many skin allergies and also things like eczema and psoriasis.
How to use Echinacea Purpurea
- Use internally in tea and tincture combinations. This herb mixes well with other herbs as well. It can also be used in encapsulated form.
- Externally it can be used as a contact healer.
- Effectiveness will decrease if used continuously, so it is best to take in cycles, generally 5 days on, 2 days off, repeated until the infection or illness subsides.
Fun Facts About Echinacea Purpurea
- This gorgeous purple flower is wonderful to use indoors in flower arrangements. Very beautiful.