Latin name: Tilia europaea
Health Benefits of Linden Flowers
Linden flowers have been used for centuries, and at one time were also called "Nectar of the Kings." Linden is used for the common cold, as an expectorant, and as a mild sedative. Health benefits include:
- Best known for its fever reducing abilities. It is also often times called fever tea. It induces perspiration, which in turn, reduces fever.
- Great for using to treat coughs, colds, and runny noses. The aromatic properties in linden flowers can help to relieve sinus troubles. The flowers also have great expectorant properties that are great for helping relieve coughs and congestion.
- Is a good stress reliever as it has a calming effect on the body, and can help you to relax.
- Has antispasmodic properties that can help to relieve stomach cramps.
- Contains mucilage which can help treat respiratory ailments, and also help to heal the airways after illness or damage.
How to Use Linden Flowers
- Can be used externally in the bath for relaxation.
- Can be used in tinctures, teas, or in encapsulated form.
- Can be used in the form of essential oils as an aromatic.
Cautions and Side Effects of Linden Flowers
- Do not use if you have heart disease.