Latin name: Tanacetum vulgare
Health Benefits of Tansy
Tansy should really be used when under the supervision of a trained herbalist if used internally as it can be very dangerous. It is most often used externally. Tansy is often used to repel all sorts of insects and even mice. Other uses include:
- Used to treat bugs and worms both externally and internally. It also works well to kill lice.
- Used for skin problems and blemishes, as well as for bruises and sprains.
- Can be used externally for arthritic and rheumatic pains.
- Can help to treat suppressed menstruation.
- Placed in herb sachets or sprinkled in cabinets to keep bugs away.
How to Use Tansy
- Use as a tea or tincture for internal use.
- For external use, a poultice, wash, or tincture can be used.
Cautions and Side Effects of Tansy
- Do not use internally while pregnant or nursing.
- For internal use, it is best used alongside the direction of an herbalist. Tansy can be fatal if used in excess.