Latin name: Rosa canina
Health Benefits of Rose Petals
Rose petals contain polyphenols, antioxidants that work to protect your body from cell damage. The polyphenols in rose petals have been shown to provide various health benefits, which include:
- Reduces the risk of heart disease
- Helps reduce diabetes
- Helps with obesity
- Aids in cognitive diseases
- Increases bile production
- Anti-bacterial and antiseptic
- Used in the treatment of diarrhea.
- Mildly sedative, antiseptic, anti- inflammatory, and anti- parasitic
How to Use Rose Petals
- Infuse in alcohol and glycerin to make traditional rose water.
- Add to potpourri mixtures and other herbal displays.
- Use in herbal tea blends. The flowers may also be used in baked goods.
- Various species of rose are used in the fragrance and cosmetic industries.