Latin name: Larrea Tridentata
Health Benefits of Chaparral
Chaparral is one of the oldest living plants, and has a long history of use. The American Indians of the Southwest have used this plant for centuries - we recommend only EXTERNAL applications for this herb due to some serious side effects that have been attributed to internal use. Health benefits include:
- Has potent and long-lasting anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Used to treat eczema and psoriasis.
- Excellent antiseptic dressing for cuts, sores, and bruises.
- Uses to treat sunburn and other burns.
How to Use Chaparral
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY. Use in oils, lotions, creams, or baths.
Cautions and Side of Chaparral
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY!! Reports of serious liver disease have been associated with the ingestion of chaparral. These reports generally involved persons taking large dosages in the form of capsules.