Cramp Bark Powder
Latin name: Viburnum opulus
Health Benefits of Cramp Bark
Cramp Bark is used mainly for the obvious - cramps! The antispasmodic volatile oils help relieve various forms of spasms and cramps. This helps with pain management. Health benefits include:
- Works rapidly to ease pain from muscle cramps including spasms, PMS menstrual cramps, and pregnancy cramps.
- Helpful in halting premature labor contractions.
- Helps build uterine muscles in the third trimester of pregnancy.
- Also helps ensure an easy labor.
- Uterine decongestant - heals uterine pain and inflammation.
- Kidney stimulant for urinary conditions that involve pain or spasms.
- Reduces urgent frequency of urination.
- Relieves spasmatic coughing.
- Helps reduce pain from irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, gastritis, ulcers, dyspepsia, and indigestion.
- Lowers blood pressure by relaxing blood vessel walls.
- Has been useful in carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Used as a diuretic, emetic, purgative, and sedative.
How to Use Cramp Bark
- Use as a strong tea or infusion.