Latin name: Lavandula angustifolia
Health Benefits of Lavender Flowers
Lavender is a soothingly fragrant flower which has calming components that are known to help you relax. It can be helpful for restoring vitality to the body, and calming the nervous system. It also contains antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties. Health benefits include:
- Treats physical symptoms with a nervous element, such as tension induced headaches, heart palpitations, or stress related digestive issues.
- Treats insomnia.
- This medicinal herb is used topically to treat fungal infections, wounds, and eczema.
- Useful to help with varicose ulcers.
- Soothes sunburned skin and other burns.
- Helps with acne.
- May relieve menstrual cramps.
- Has antiseptic, antiviral, antifungal, and antiviral properties.
- Treats insect bites.
- Effective natural treatment for pathogenic bacteria such as the strains responsible for diphtheria and typhoid, as well as streptococcus and pneumococcus.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Relieves respiratory disorders.
- Restores hair loss.
How to Use Lavender Flowers
- In capsules, as a tincture or tea.
Cautions and Side Effects of Lavender Flowers
- Safe for everyone, including children.