Latin name: Origanum vulgare
Health Benefits of Oregano
Oregano leaf is a staple in culinary dishes throughout the world, but it is also rich in antioxidants, and provides a myriad of health benefits which include:
- Antioxidants may help with cancer treatment and prevention.
- Has antivirus properties.
- Helps with inflammation.
- Rich in antioxidants, which are compounds that help fight damage from harmful free radicals in the body.
- Reduces gas in the stomach, which helps aid digestion and heartburn.
- Effective in treating Candida.
- Eases menstrual cramping due to its anti-spasmodic properties.
Nutritional Benefits of Oregano
- Excellent source of fiber, vitamin K, manganese, iron, vitamin E, tryptophan and calcium.
How to Use Oregano
- Use in tea and tincture combinations. Or in capsules.
- Of course, the best way to enjoy the health benefits of this herb are in various culinary dishes!