Uva Ursi Leaf
Latin name: Arctostaphylos uva ursi
Health Benefits of Uva Ursi Leaf
Uva Ursi is the best herb to treat urinary tract issues. It is useful in treating kidney and bladder infections. Health benefits include:
- Contains bitter compounds that are antiseptic, and increase the flow of urine. This acts to disinfect the urinary tract and stimulate the production of urine. Its astringent properties help to shrink inflamed tissues in the urinary tract.
- Has been used to help correct bedwetting, bladder diseases, prostate issues, and kidney congestion, as well as dissolving kidney stones.
- Good to help prevent post partum infection.
- Can be used to treat excessive diarrhea.
- Has been reported to be effective in getting rid of E. coli.
Nutritional Benefits of Uva Ursi Leaf
- High in calcium, manganese, silicon, iron, and selenium.
- Good source of Vitamin A.
How to Use Uva Ursi Leaf
- Works well as a tea mixed with Peppermint to improve the flavor.
- Make a strong tea and mix with cranberry juice.
Cautions and Side Effects of Uva Ursi Leaf
- Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing.
- Safe for children.