Latin name: Heteroteca inuloides
Health Benefits of Arnica Flowers
Arnica flowers are known for their pain relieving properties, as well as anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties. The flowers have several other great benefits as well. These include:
- Prevents bruising by helping white blood cells disperse trapped blood and fluid from the place of injury.
- Used to prevent pain and swelling associated with carpel tunnel syndrome and arthritis.
- Used to treat tired, overworked muscles and feet by easing soreness and stiffness.
- Good for relieving irritation from eczema.
- Increases resistance to infection.
How to Use Arnica Flowers
- Arnica is best used in a massage oil, as a poultice, or a cream. Rub on effected area generously. You can also put the flowers in a bath to relieve muscle pain.
Cautions and Side Effects of Arnica Flowers
- SHOULD NOT BE USED INTERNALLY.
- Should not be applied to an OPEN wound.
Fun Facts About Arnica Flowers
- Arnica flowers are also commonly known as mountain tobacco or leopard’s bane.
- It is sometimes given to plastic surgery patients to reduce post-op swelling and soreness.