Black Cohosh Root Powder
Latin name: Cimicifuga racemosa
Health Benefits of Black Cohosh Root Powder
Black Cohosh Root is primarily known as a woman's botanical, useful for female issues such as menopause and PMS symptoms, due to its estrogen-like effect. Health benefits include:
- Helps with headaches and hot flashes.
- Aids in sleep and night sweats.
- Relieves menstrual cramps and other PMS symptoms such as mood swings.
- Used for menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, depression, irritability, vaginal dryness, and sleep disturbances.
- May help with heart palpitations.
- Has pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory actions, which makes it useful for arthritis.
- May be a safe and effective alternative for estrogen replacement therapy.
How to Use Black Cohosh Root Powder
- In capsules, as a tincture, or as a dark and bitter tea.
Cautions and Side Effects of Black Cohosh Root Powder
- Not for use while breastfeeding or nursing.
- May induce labor.
- Do not use in large dosages - may cause pain, dizziness, or nausea.