Cordyceps Mushroom Powder
Latin name: Cordyceps sinensis
Health Benefits of Cordyceps Mushroom Powder
Cordyceps sinensis is a wonderfully versatile mushroom, in terms of its many medicinal applications. Cordyceps sinensis has been applied medicinally for over 2000 years by doctors in China. It has been used a tonic to increase health and vitality, combat aging, and prevent various (age-related) diseases. Health benefits include:
- Helps in preventing hyperglycemia (type 1 and 2 diabetes) and provides improvements in the peripheral insulin activity.
- Keep the brains healthy with age, both structurally and functionally, partly by improving the antioxidant status. This helps decrease the risk of dementia.
- Has an antidepressant effect.
- As an aphrodisiac, increases libido.
- Enhances fertility.
- Supports a regular heart rhythm, lowers cholesterol, inhibits the clotting of platelets, has an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effect, and improves blood flow to the heart muscles.
- Shown to have a healing effect on hypertension.
- Reduces cholesterol and triglyceride levels, increasing and improving the ratio between HDL and LDL cholesterol levels.
- Stimulates immunity.
- Treats liver and kidney diseases.
- Exhibits strong anti-cancer activity.
- Increases athletic performance.
How to Use Cordyceps Mushroom Powder
- Use in capsules, or as a food such as in an herbal shake or blend.
Cautions and Side of Cordyceps Mushroom Powder
- Not recommended for those who have auto-immune disorders.
- May slow blood clotting, so do not use if surgery is planned in the near future, or if you have a bleeding disorder.
- Not recommended for pregnant or nursing women.