Latin name: Artemisia absinthium
Health Benefits of Wormwood
Wormwood is excellent to expel intestinal worms, stimulate the appetite and liver, and also the uterus. It also helps treat liver and gall bladder issues. It also helps stimulate digestion. Health benefits include:
- Used to expel intestinal parasites and worms, such as pinworms and roundworms.
- Treats liver disease.
- Wormwood is used for various digestion problems such as loss of appetite, upset stomach, gall bladder disease, and intestinal spasms pain, and starts healing instantly.
- Wormwood also contains compounds known to stimulate digestion by supporting liver and gallbladder function.
- It’s also been shown to support healthy circulation and resistant inflammation.
How to Use Wormwood
- Use internally in tincures.
- Most often used in capsuled form.
- Use in a poultice for sprains, bruises, and irritations.
Cautions and Side Effects of Wormwood
- Do not take internally while pregnant.
- Wormwood is very potent, so use caution.
- Some people are sensitive to this herb, so discontue use if you experience negative reactions.