Currently Sold Out
Latin name: Leonurus cardiaca
Health Benefits of Motherwort
Motherwort herb is part of the mint family and is primarily a women's herb used for menstrual issues. But it also strengthens the physical heart and calms the emotional heart. Health benefits include:
- Helps with heart failure, irregular heartbeat, and fast heartbeat.
- Aids heart symptoms due to anxiety.
- Helps with hyperthyroidism.
- Used for flatulence.
- Used for absence of menstrual periods.
- Has stimulating properties that additionally support the uterus, the kidneys, and digestion.
- Is a mild hypotensive herb and can be used to decrease hypertension, especially when it is associated with extreme emotions.
- Tones the uterus, which reduces menstrual cramping. Use as a poultice over the area.
- Stimulates digestion and appetite.
Nutritional Benefits of Motherwort
- Contains good amounts of Vitamin A.
How to Use Motherwort
- Use in tea and tincture combinations. Or as a poultice.
- As it is a very bitter herb, it is best combine with other herbs. Add peppermint to the mix to mask the bitterness.
- Hawthorn and Motherwort combined offer a very potent remedy for the heart!
- Combine Motherwort and Passion Flower for anxiety.
Cautions and Side Effects of Motherwort
- Do not use while pregnant!