Activated Charcoal Powder
Health Benefits of Activated Charcoal Powder
Activated Charcoal is an amazing substance that absorbs most organic chemicals, many inorganic chemicals, and countless poisonous substances in the body before they can do any harm. It has been used as an effective anti-poison remedy for centuries. It has a wonderful binding power to detox the body. Some great uses for activated charcoal:
- It is the best single supplement for enhancing detoxification.
- Heart and circulatory systems can benefit by a lowering of the concentration of total lipids, cholesterol, and triglycerides in the blood serum, liver, heart, and brain.
- Cold, flu, and other virus activity can be reduced with use.
- Many infectious diseases such as dysentery, cholera, and other conditions of the digestive tract can be effectively treated.
- Diarrhea caused by food poisoning, bacteria, nervousness, and other factors can be alleviated with use.
- Abdominal distension (bloating) and flatulence can be reduced.
- When used externally, it can effectively absorb wound secretions, bacteria, and toxins. If used in poultices and packs, it treats infections of the face, eyelids, skin, or extremities. Charcoal poultices mixed with flaxseed meal or cornstarch that are kept moist and warm actually draw toxins and poisons out of the body through skin tissue.
- It can be mixed with water in the bath to help detoxify the entire body.
- Preliminary research shows that regular dosages may lower cholesterol and fat levels.
How to Use Activated Charcoal Powder
- When mixed with water and swallowed to counteract poisoning, charcoal absorbs the poison or drug, inactivating it. It then carries it inert through the entire length of the digestive tract and out of the body. Charcoal is not absorbed, neutralized, nor metabolized by the body. It should be taken within 30 minutes of ingesting the poison.
NOTE - Please contact a Poison Control Center or your doctor immediately for instructions or information in any poisoning emergency.
- Because of the large volume of charcoal that is needed, it is easiest to take a liquid preparation of charcoal powder. Furthermore, activated charcoal tablets are not effective. They take too long to disintegrate and release the activated charcoal. Experts advise that if you are using powdered charcoal then mix it with a tall glass of water and drink it with a straw. This will prevent your teeth from getting stained.
- Charcoal must be stored in a tightly sealed container because it readily absorbs impurities from the atmosphere. (Leaving the top off a container of charcoal will partially purify the room it is in, to the degree that the air in the room comes in contact with the charcoal.)
- Activated Charcoal is safe during pregnancy and nursing, and is safe for children.
Cautions and Side Effects of Activated Charcoal
NOTE: Activated Charcoal, as it is called in medicinal circles, is not the same product that is found in your barbecue. Commercial barbecue charcoal is not only unfit for ingestion; it could be lethal.
- Activated charcoal is highly absorbent; when it is ingested at the same time as medication, supplements, and foods it may decrease their absorption and utilization. Therefore, always allow 2 hours before and wait 2 hours after using activated charcoal to eat, take supplements, or swallow medication.
- Do not consume activated charcoal with milk as dairy products lessen the effectiveness of charcoal.
- Do not put charcoal directly on the broken skin. It may cause a tattooing effect, blackening the skin for a period of time.
- Some other side effects can include black stools, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea or constipation.
Fun Facts About Activated Charcoal Powder
Because of its major detoxification and absorption qualities, charcoal powder is also used for environmental purposes. It is often used to filter water, air, and also to absorb toxic waste caused by chemical spills.
Great quality and best price
Posted by Vanessa on 29th Apr 2016
I wasn't able to find loose activated charcoal at my usual supplier. I was thrilled to find it at Savvy teas and Herbs. Not only was the price half of what I had found for the same amount (4oz, which is a whole lot of activated charcoal)) elsewhere but I didn't have to settle for capsules. I use it for at home all natural tooth whitening and in a rose clay and activated charcoal goats milk soap which is wonderful for my teenaged daughters break out prone skin.
Posted by Unknown on 21st Dec 2015
The product is very well package. The action is quick . I'm taking very small amounts (less tha 1/4 spoon) ocassionaly. "Too much of a good thing could result in a bad thing." The total amount that a got it's a bit too much for internal use, so I have to see wich other ways to use it.
Cold Relief is Here
Posted by Unknown on 4th Nov 2013
Bought some of this recently because I had a cold. Cleared me right up. Will definitely be buying this herb in massive bulk from now on!