Latin name: Citrus limon
Health Benefits of Lemon Peel
Lemon Peel is very high in vitamin C and bioflavonoids and helps ease digestion. Health benefits include:
- Can help to protect the body from rheumatism and other forms of arthritis.
- Contains Vitamin P, which is essential for controlling hemorrhage in a variety of conditions, and for preventing capillary fragility. So in this sense, it helps with high blood pressure and arteriosclerosis.
- Strengthens the entire arterial system, and consequently, is of value in many circulatory disorders and heart weakness.
- Rich in citric acid which is great for the digestive system, immune system, the skin, and blood vessels.
- Can help the liver to function better.
- Can help ward off sickness such as cold and flu due to high content of Vitamin C.
Nutritional Benefits of Lemon Peel
- Excellent source of vitamin C and P.
How to Use Lemon Peel
- Adding lemon peel to beverages and tea blends provides a refreshing flavor along with all the health benefits. It can be added to many, food dishes, and is great in tincture combinations.
- If using in food, hydrate in warm water before use.
Cautions and Side Effects of Lemon Peel
- Should avoid if you have untreated kidney or gallbladder problems as it can cause crystallization or “stones.”