Organic Spirulina Powder
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
Organic Spirulina Powder comes from a blue-green algae that grows on freshwater ponds. It is one of the most easily digestible sources of protein and also a highly concentrated source of protein. Loaded with vitamins, calcium, amino acids, minerals, and chlorophyll, spirulina is a superfood. It would be great for survival purposes, and is very easy to store. Health benefits include:
- Has been scientifically proven to inhibit formation of cancer cell colonies.
- 55-70 protein by weight, it is considered the greatest plant source of usable protein.
- Has been found to benefit anemia, cataracts, diabetes, gastrointestinal disorders, glaucoma, hepatitis, and also aid in weight loss.
- Helps balance blood sugar.
- It is just a great overall health enhancer.
- Of the 3 main types of algae, spirulina is said to be the easiest to digest and absorb, because its cell walls are composed of mucopolysaccharides rather than indigestible cellulose. Chlorella needs special processing to improve digestibility of a tough outer cell wall, but it is valued for its ability to bind with heavy metals and carry them out of the body.
Nutritional Benefits of Organic Spirulina
- It contains all the essential amino acids, and most of the non-essential ones.
- Extremely high iron and chlorophyll content.
- Has 26 times the calcium content of milk and 35 times the protein of meat.
- Contains phosphorus, B12, RNA, DNA, and is easily digested.
How to Use Spirulina Powder Powder
- Great for use in encapsulated form.
- Easy for use in smoothies. Just add a couple of tablespoons to your favorite smoothie each day and blend.
- Sprinkle in salads or stir-fries.
Cautions and Side Effects of Organic Spirulina
- Safe during pregnancy, while nursing, and safe for children.
- No known drug interactions or side effects.