Latin name: Triticum aestivum
Health Benefits of Wheatgrass Powder
Wheatgrass powder is a superfood, packed with nutrients and often used for detoxification. Health benefits include:
- Known to be an alternative cancer therapy because it helps your body to build red blood cells. These carry oxygen to every cell in your body. Increasing the oxygenation in your body will also help to offset smog and carbon monoxide.
- Is a natural detoxifier. Can help grab on to toxins, and help them be released from the body. It also cleans drug deposits from the body, purifies the blood and organs, and counteracts acids and toxins in the body.
- Increases endurance during physical exercise. It aids in the rejuvenation of the body and the metabolism of the nutrients
- Chlorophyll in wheat grass increases the body's resistance to illness.
- Can improve digestion and help to keep you regular.
- Helps to create an alkaline balance in the body by reducing acids.
Nutritional Benefits of Wheatgrass Powder
- Excellent concentrated food source of beta-carotene, calcium, chlorophyll, fiber, iron, and Vitamin K.
- Very good source of protein, Vitamins C, B-12, and B-6.
- Contains folic acid.
- Contains many trace minerals and all essential amino acids.
How to Use Wheatgrass Powder
- Can be used in encapsulated form, but the easiest way to take it is in your morning fruit smoothie. Use about 1 Tablespoon per serving.
Cautions and Side Effects of Wheatgrass Powder
- Safe for pregnant women, while nursing, and safe for children.