Wild Cherry Bark
Latin name: Prunus serotina
Health Benefits of Wild Cherry Bark
Wild Cherry Bark has expectorant and mild sedative properties. Health benefits include:
- It is an expectorant and mild sedative properties.
- Great for respiratory problems such as colds, sore throats, and coughing.
- It can also be useful in treating diarrhea and fevers.
- Has been used to ease pain in the early stages of labor.
- Improves digestion and promotes healthy bowel function.
How to Use Wild Cherry Bark
- Often used in tinctures and to make a cough syrup.
- Can also be used in teas. Best to let steep in warm water, as this herb loses many of its properties when boiled.
Cautions and Side Effects of Wild Cherry Bark
- Safe while pregnant, nursing, and safe for children.
- Not recommended for long term use.