Shiitake Mushroom Powder
Latin name: Lentinus edodes
Health Benefits of Shitake Mushroom Powder
In addition to the impressive collection of vitamins and minerals, shiitake mushrooms contain a selection of beneficial compounds that can boost your immune system, lower cholesterol, support heart health, and potentially treat cancer. Health benefits include:
- Contains high levels of polysaccharides that are capable of enhancing your immune system. These polysaccharide compounds contain lentinans and other beta-glucans, which can boost the production of white blood cells. These compounds also possess anti-inflammatory properties.
- Capable of reducing blood pressure and staving off many dangerous heart conditions such as aneurysms, stroke, and heart attack.
- Helps lower cholesterol.
- There are indications that the lentinan found in shiitake mushrooms could be effective at fighting various cancers.
- Rich nutrient content, which consists of significant amounts of B vitamins, phosphorus, manganese, and zinc, as well as vitamin C, iron, and magnesium.
- Used for weight loss due to high fiber content.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Active compounds have been linked to inhibiting tumor growth in multiple types of cancers but they may also induce apoptosis (programmed cell death) in cancerous cells without damaging the healthy cells around it. This is because of the presence of a polysaccharide called lentinan in them.
How to Use Shitake Mushroom Powder
- Use in capsules, or as a food such as in an herbal shake or blend.
- Also delicious added to various foods.
Cautions and Side of Shitake Mushroom Powder
- Possible side effects or allergic reactions as with any food.