Pau d'Arco Bark Powder
Latin name: Tabebuia impetiginosa
Health Benefits of Pau d’Arco
Pau d’Arco is a beautiful tree that grows in the rain forests of South America. It is mostly used for skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis, but also has anti-tumor properties and helps fight yeast infections. Health benefits include:
- As most plants with bitter compounds, it has anti-tumor properties, and is said to be especially effective in blood and skin cancer treatment.
- Used as a blood purifier, diuretic, and to treat ulcers.
- Helps fight infections, rheumatism, and leukemia.
- Is excellent treatment for skin disorders such as eczema, psoriasis, fungal infections, hemorrhoids, and skin cancers.
- Great for heart health. It is said to lower blood pressure, build the blood, and improve circulation.
- Good treatment for yeast infections as it has anti-fungal action that combats Candida albicans.
Nutritional Benefits of Pau d’Arco
- Is an excellent source of calcium.
How to Use Pau d’Arco
- The powder is usually used in encapsulated form.
- Can be used externally as a poultice to treat skin conditions.
- Can be used as a tea for an excellent blood purifier.
Cautions and Side Effects of Pau d’Arco
- Safe during pregnancy, while nursing, and is safe for children.