Red Raspberry Leaf
Latin name: Rubus idaeus
Health Benefits of Raspberry Leaf
Raspberry leaf is most popularly used for women’s health issues, especially as a superior tonic for pregnancy and childbirth. It is also full of vitamins and minerals and one of the richest sources of iron. Health benefits include:
- Used as a basic herbal foundation for all female organs and problems. It is used to strengthen the wall of the uterus and can decrease profuse menstrual flow. It also helps relieve cramps and excessive menstruation.
- Used to treat anemia, usually in combination with Nettle Leaf.
- It is great for pregnant women as it can help to alleviate morning sickness. It also assists in labor with pains and hemorrhaging. When baby is born, it can enrich the milk of nursing mothers. It is beneficial to take during the entire pregnancy and beyond.
- It is soothing to the stomach and bowels, and is also helpful with cold, flu, and fevers.
- A good mouthwash for sore or infected gums.
- Invaluable for treating diarrhea and dysentery.
Nutritional Benefits of Raspberry Leaf
- Contains good amounts of Vitamins A and C.
- An excellent source of manganese.
- High in calcium, iron, magnesium, niacin, and selenium.
How to Use Raspberry Leaf
- Mild and pleasant to the taste, it is excellent in tea and tincture combinations.
Cautions and Side Effects of Raspberry Leaf
- Safe for pregnancy, while nursing, and is safe for children.